Sunday, March 22, 2009

Settling In










We've been home for a little over a week and Jason Pin-Hao is doing marvelously! He loves to be held by and plays with each member of the family. He has a great little sense of humor, too. We have had lots of chances for him to get to meet new people this week with church events and get-togethers with friends. At first he seemed overwhelmed and a bit shy in a large group setting, but by the end of the weekend I think he's become more comfortable in a sea of new faces.

We are still tackling the sleeping arrangement. It isn't that he won't sleep at night, but that he wants to sleep all night on me! I am very thankful that we have bonded so well, and that he loves to snuggle, but in the middle of the night when his arms and legs are still around me, he becomes a bit heavy. Then, of course, when I try to move him off of me, or to the side, he wakes up and cries. I think it will just be a matter of time for him to adjust and to know that I'll still be there when he wakes up, even if I'm not holding him.

Otherwise things are going better than I could have ever imagined. He is such a joy, a ray of sunshine, and a true blessing to our family!

7 comments:

Tish said...

So wonderful to hear! I can't wait for continued updates on his adjustment and attachment!!!

taters and tots said...

So good to know he's settling in well. I hope the sleeping gets worked out soon for what must be a tired Mommy :) Love the pics, especially the one of him kissing Kate... TOO CUTE!

Lisa said...

Lora,
So cute. Isnt it amazing how well he is adjusting to your family. The sleep thing will eventually work it self out.
LOL
Lisa R

Lisa said...

Lora,

I'm so happy to read this update and simply love the family pictures. They really tell the story of his amazing adjustment and the joy you are all feeling together! I'm so happy for you!
The sleep issues will improve....I promise!!
:) Thanks for sharing this!
Lisa

Tish said...

hey saw your comment on my blog...if you went back in my archives you would see that, although i still have SO much to learn about photography, i have indeed made improvements. you CAN get the shots you want to...and it really is easier than you think! if you have specific questions, feel free to email me!!!

Heather said...

I am SO happy to see you all together- can't wait to in real life. ;)

jen said...

I am so happy to hear that he is doing well at home! It is so sweet when they fall asleep on you, but definitely not the most comfortable way to spend the night. I am sure it will just be a matter of time till everything fits into place.

eieio