Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm In Love!!!!









I have loved Jason since we first saw his photo way back in September. I have loved him increasingly as the months have gone by, as we have prayed for him, waited for his monthly updates, and prepared for his arrival. However, now I can say that I am totally "In Love" whole heartedly, hook, line, and sinker for this little guy. Oh, he just melts my heart and fills my heart with joy!

Our day started later than anticipated when Fion called to say that we were going to Taichung in the afternoon instead of the morning. So, we headed out at 11:30 into very rainy weather, and arrived around 2pm. The foster mom, Mrs. Chiu (we were right JOH friends!) brought him into the TWCA agency and he was very shy at first. We sat down and talked and played toys for a while and eventually I was able to move him from Mrs. Chiu's lap to my own. At one point I brought out his little photo book that we had sent him and as I was flipping through the pages, he finally made his first little noise as he saw and pointed at our daughter, Kate's, picture. Finally Mrs. Chiu just got up and left the room to see what he would do, and as he didn't fuss, she went ahead and left. It was so much fun to sign the Program III wall, where other people who have adopted from JOH have signed. It was really neat to see so many names that I've come to know over the last several months. Before we left we were given all of the things that we have sent Jason and also the wonderful Mickey Mouse outfit that he wore in his first couple of updates. I had asked for the outfit, but found out that it was even more special than I thought as it had come from his birth mother!

Our next stop was the baby store where we picked up an umbrella stroller and some bottles. (I wasn't expecting him to still be drinking a bottle for some reason.) The drive home was very long because of the traffic, but Jason, who had completely missed his nap, was happy for the entire ride. In fact he loved for me to tickle his feet and gave me a smile and a laugh! He also started saying e-i-o, so I sang 'Old MacDonald' to him and he sang the e-i-e-i-o part for me over and over.

Back at the hotel I put him into his pajamas and got his toys out for him. He was mostly interested in hanging out with me, though, and also in the 'Thomas the Train' toothbrush I had brought along. He really is the most easy going little guy. He tripped over my feet one time and hit his head against a table, and he just got up and rubbed it as I comforted him and then went back to his e-i-e-i-os. It is around 4am here now and he has only woken up a couple of times and started whimpering, but was able to go right back to sleep after I comforted him.

I am so looking forward to seeing him with his Dad, brother and sister, who I know are going to totally fall in love with this little man, too.

12 comments:

Staci said...

Oh Lora, he's perfect!! I love those cheeks! Congratulations. I'm glad he's doing so well. He looks really comfortable with you. Enjoy!! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Nicole said...

Congratulations!!! He's so cute-i'm so glad it went so well-i love him smiling in his carseat! What an amazing journey you've had-it's neat to actually be there and see everything that the other JOH'ers did before you! I loved that!
Have a safe flight home-are you by yourself? Or do you have someone with you?
nicole

Lisa said...

Lora,
Congratulations. How perfect you both look together. How exciting that you have your little boy. Thanks for sharing your moment with us.
LOL
Lisa R.

Lisa said...

OH MY GOSH.....this is THE post! Oh, Lora, you both just look radiant and beautiful in all the photos! My heart flipped a beat when I saw the pics. of the "wall" and "TWCA"......I think you leave a bit of yourself in Taiwan after departure and certainly you hear its echoe in your child's laughter long after you are home!

It sounds like his transition has been nothing short of blessed! I love that he sings to you.....he is just amazing and I know how happy happy you are today and always!

So many of us are thinking of you and praying for you!

What an amazing day!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Lora,

Congratulations! I'm so happy to see you with your son! I hope the rest of your trip is wonderful.

Lynn N.

Mark & Kris said...

Lora, what a cutie!! You both look wonderful and he looks like he is doing great! Have a safe trip home! Can't wait for more pictures!

Sarah k said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Congratulations you blessed woman!!! He is darling! And you can tell you are in love!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! Enjoy the rest of your time there!!!

Sarah k

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lora,

I am so excited for you! The picture of Jason snuggling into you is just adorable. I hope Jason's adjusment continues to go well.

Terri

Casey said...

Congratulations Lora! He looks so happy and content in Mommy's arms. I'm very happy to read that things are going so well for you.
I will pray that things continue to go very well for you and your sweet little guy.

Can you even believe that I didn't get to sign "the wall?" I'm so upset that I missed that opportunity.

Casey

Anonymous said...

We are very excited for you, Aunt Lora, Uncle Brian, Katie, and Stevie, and anxious to meet our new cousin! Safe travels and congratulations!

Tara said...

He is beautiful in your arms -- what a lovely, lovely photo. You radiate happiness. I'm weepy! I chuckled at the sideways photo of the office and also the blue leather couch because those are in my collection, too. You didn't miss too much at the foster mom's because you only see the front room, but I understand your disappointment. I will send you photos of the street for his book, and others may be able to, too. Congratulations!
Tara

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

The two of you are quite a sight Lora!! Absolute heaven:)

Sounds like you both are doing great, and things are going quite well.

So happy and excited for you, and I can't wait to sign that wall too!!

Have enjoyed following you on your trip, you know all of waiting are going to want the details...hotel etc...

Safe travels home!

eieio