Friday, January 2, 2009






While I have stayed mostly with the typical decorations one would find in a toddler boy's room here in America, I am also trying to add a few things that represent Jason Pin-Hao's native country. He was born in 2007, which is the year of the Pig. Not too long ago I was shopping at an Asian market in the Seattle area and found a really fun piggy bank. On another occasion I was shopping at Cost Plus World Market and came across a Chinese Zodiac wall hanging. I'm sure we will find many treasures to add on our trip to Taiwan as well, but in the mean time it is fun to prepare for our sweet little boy to come home.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, I LOVE those Asian touches you are adding! I think that is an incredible thing for Jason too....how comforted he will be by those thoughtful additions when he comes home and down the road, how LOVED he will know he is/was during the wait to bring him home!

I also spotted that little Mickey and I know the special significance of that....I'm smiling big here!!
Happy weekend!
Lisa

eieio