Thursday, January 15, 2009

First Ruling!!!!!

We just received the news today that our First Ruling is in!!!! This means that within 4-6 weeks we should have our Final Ruling. At one time this meant that we would be traveling to Taiwan soon after to pick up our son. Unfortunately the rules have recently changed and the embassy won't make an appointment for us to pick up his passport in Taiwan until they have reviewed our paperwork, which will be a week or two after the Final Ruling. Then we will get our appointment date, which should be a couple of weeks later. Added to this is the fact that Chinese New Year is on January 26th, which shuts things down in Taiwan for a couple of weeks! So when will we travel? That is the million dollar question. I'm sure my mind will calculate the possibilities an endless amount of times until then!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Yippee!! Oh my gosh, this has been a long awaited moment and I'm so elated for you all! I think your judge has finally kicked it into high gear and understands that Jason needs to come home NOW! :)

I hope you guys celebrated and do relish this moment! I have a feeling things will move quickly towards a Final Ruling :) & my fingers are crossed!

As for pondering the possibilities...well, you are not alone in that my friend! :)
Hugs of joy!
Lisa
P.S. Thank you so much for the kind and supportive thoughts you shared on our blog & beyond! I appreciate your friendship!

Heather said...

That is so exciting. How do you sleep at night? I almost can't stand just as a bystander!I can't wait to meet him, soon this will all be behind you and you and your family can just relax and enjoy eachother.
xoxox, Heather

Staci said...

Wow!!! This is so exciting!! I'm so happy for you guys. You must be going crazy with excitement. Come on Final Ruling!! :) :) :)

Big Hugs to you!
Staci

eieio