Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hearing

After waiting for three months since our referral, the big day is finally upon us. Our Hearing is set to take place in Taiwan on December 23rd, and because they are 16 hours ahead of us, this means that it should happen the night of the 22nd here in the U.S.. I believe from what I've heard from my JOH friends that both the birth-mom and Jason Pin-Hao will be there in the court room. The birth-mom must state her desire for him to be adopted in front of the judge.

Having done that, the judge will usually take 1-3 months to make a "First Ruling" that the adoption is to proceed. The birth-mom has until 10 business days after this ruling to change her mind. After that the "Final Ruling" will hopefully come within 4-6 weeks.

We would appreciate it if those of you who pray might keep us in your prayers during this time. We want what is best for Jason Pin-Hao, and his birth-mom, and that ultimately God's will be done.

3 comments:

Heather said...

So many prayers coming your way. what a Christmas! He's so beautiful, isn't he?

Casey said...

I am keeping you in my thoughts. I'm sure your hearing will go well.

Happy Holidays.
Casey

Staci said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Merry Christmas!!

eieio