Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pin-Hao's 1st Update!


I was so excited to find an email with Pin-Hao's first update today!  It's so funny because when I think of him, I always imagine him in the little Mickey Mouse outfit he was wearing in his first pictures.  Well, sure enough, he was wearing them in the new pictures as well.  I think I am going to have to beg his foster mom to let us take the outfit home when we go to Taiwan.

Speaking of his foster mom, I found out from a fellow Journeys of the Heart mom, whose daughter is now home, that her little girl most likely had the same foster mom when she was being taken care of in Taiwan.  She was able to tell by the background of Pin-Hao's pictures.  The foster mom's name is Mrs. Chiu.  She has three children of her own, 2 boys and 1 girl who are all 10 years old and up.  It sounds like many other JOH babies have been taken care of by her.  I believe there is also at least one more child with her right now, as evidenced by the baby crying in the background as well as all of the packages of diapers behind Pin-Hao in his video (surely they aren't all for him!) 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I was hoping your updates had come! Yes, the Mickey outfit should be a treasured keepsake! How lovely that you have this amazing background on his Foster Family; what a treat!
Enjoy these new updates!
Lisa C.

Unknown said...

The expression in his eyes just melts my heart!! He is so precious.

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Hi there...found your blog through the big Taiwan adoption blog list. Just wanted to let you know our daughter Lauren was cared for by Mrs. Chiu from 10/06-3/07 while our adoption moved through the courts. She is really sweet and seems to do a great job with the babies. Your son is precious and I hope your judge issues the first and final rulings soon after your hearing! Nice to meet you!

eieio